* Provided residents with objective information and direction to oppose the Upland Fire Department’s annexation into the County fire district.
* Opposed fiscally irresponsible contracts for nonessential services.
* Opposed the sale of the baseball diamond at Memorial Park.
* Approved the appointment of qualified planning commission members, with no developer ties, who represent all four Upland districts.
* Opposed controversial development projects that did not demonstrate proven benefits that outweigh the costs (including traffic impacts) of the projects.
* Opposed the water rate increase in 2018 and approved the freeze on the water rate increase in 2020.
* Proposed the change in the Historic Downtown Upland’s agreement with the city that ended a long standing conflict with the city and provided the merchants’ association with the ability to use their fees toward revitalizing and promoting their businesses.
* Supports the Friends of Upland Animal Shelters’ contract to provide adoption services to the city of Upland.
* Supports the hiring of a social worker to work with Upland Police Department to provide homeless services.
* Regularly communicates with Upland residents through social media, email, phone, and text messages. Promotes workshops and town-hall meetings to obtain feedback from residents.
*Supports policies that promote fiscal responsibility.
*Supports policies that support our open space, park land, clean air,and clean water.
Negotiating, teaching, networking, problem solving, communications
Executive board experience: